MediCom is specifically designed to provide a total and reliable 24 hour a day, seven days a week nurse call system for use in hospitals, nursing homes and other similar acute-care facilities. MediCom enables nurses to provide prompt and effective responses to patients’ calls at all times. Embracing solid state electronic technology and software, MediCom incorporates a call indication options configurable to best suit the operational needs of any hospital.
Optional two-way speech (talk-back) communication between nurses and patients ensures a more appropriate response to calls resulting in increased staff efficiency and patient care. Integrated with AUSTCO’s state-of-the-art paging and telephone technologies such as wireless (DECT) telephones, MediCom allows nurses to receive and respond to patient calls while moving freely around their wards further increasing staff efficiency. Patients can activate calls using a palm sized, easy to grip, one button pendant or by using AUSTCO’s multi-function entertainment handsets. Bed-head or wall mounted silicon call points with soft touch, back-lit, coloured silicon buttons for ease of identification and use are also available. All call points incorporate immediate audio visual indication assuring the patient that the call has been placed.
Alarm handling and call indication options range from easy to use nurse stations with over door lights, modern alphanumeric colour displays and alarm tones, through to systems with advanced computerised central stations with VDU monitor, database and software that can be configured to suit requirements and interface to patient information systems.
- Distinctive, easy to use multi-function patient handset for nurse call, TV/Radio and lights
- Coloured, easy to identify backlit silicon call points with audio visual reassurance.
- Wet area water resistant call points including shower pull cord with safety break-apart link fitting.
- Patient-friendly operation to instantly alert nurses.
- Bright, easy to see, colour configurable over door lamps.
- Coloured alphanumeric character corridor call displays with tone alert.
- Easy to use, computerised nurse station options including coloured VDU display option with touch- screen operations.
- Swing ward capabilities.
- Two-way nurse to patient speech (“talk-back”) option with public address and nurse to nurse paging.
- Integrated paging with silent vibrating RF message pagers or wireless telephones to provide total mobility with instant communication with patients or other staff.
- Optional NURSE PRESENT mode of operation with “locate nurse” capability.
- On-site customisation of call types, priorities, tones, colour designations, alarm messages, pager/telephone groups and assignments, call escalation and DAY/NIGHT operation.
- Dynamic nurse-to-patient pager and/or wireless telephone assignment.
- Call upgrade facilities and automatic EMERGENCY/CODE BLUE override.
- Networking of nurse stations for centralised paging, alarm logging and printing of events.
- Easy to install and to expand, modular connected system components.
- Automatic system monitoring, fault detection and notification.
- Battery back-up against mains power failure.
- Lightning and static protected.
- Existing nurse call systems.
- Existing paging or telephone systems.
- Critical plant or equipment failure alarms.
- Fire alarms and smoke detectors.